Kettlebell training for seniors in Milton Keynes
Kettlebell training has benefits for people of all ages. These benefits are particularly important for people who are getting older as keeping a healthy functional body as you age should be of greatest importance. At Leigh Carter Personal Training Milton Keynes we incorporate kettlebell training into all of our functional health training sessions. Below are some of the benefits of this great way to train.
- Kettlebell training exercises combine strength training with cardiovascular exercise, helping achieve total body conditioning.
- Kettlebell workouts increase oxygen uptake, leading to beneficial cardiorespiratory adaptations.
- Kettlebell exercises involve multiple joints and muscle groups, leading to greater synching of prime mover, synergist, and stabilizer muscles.
- Functional strength is achieved through kettlebell training when compared to traditional strength training muscle isolation exercises.
- Increased involvement of the posterior chain (calves, hamstrings, glutes, and deep spine muscles) leads to increased functional strength and power.
- Kettlebell training exercises also recruit core muscles to build core stability, core strength and power.
- Kettlebell training increases metabolic demand, leading to greater caloric expenditure for your time investment, meaning faster weight loss.