The Perfect Diet Myth
The perfect diet for any human is the diet that works for them . This does not mean the diet that gives them rapid weight loss or bigger muscles. This quite simply in my eyes means that it fits there lifestyle it keeps them healthy and maintains the correct weight for there size. Finding the correct foods and amounts is no easy task though , nutritional advice on packaging is misleading and for the most part most of the diet companies are just trying to sell you there product.
At Leigh Carter Personal Training Milton Keynes we pride ourself in our honest nutritional advice, we are not selling anything other than common sense !.A tailor made nutritional plan and round the clock diet support is available with all of our packages .
Below is a list of some great food that you should be incorporating in your diet and some of the reasons why it so good for you .
- Rich in healthy, satisfying fats proven in one study to lower cholesterol by about 22 percent.
- One has more than half the fiber and 40 percent of the folate you need daily, which may reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Spinach contains lutein and zeaxanthin, two immune-boosting antioxidants important for eye health.
- Recent research found that among cancer-fighting fruits and veggies, spinach is one of the most effective.
- Limes lower cholesterol
- Limes can combat aging skin
- On top of delivering a raft of cancer-fighting antioxidants, kale is one of the vegetable world’s top sources of vitamin A, which promotes eye and skin health and may help strengthen the immune system. It’s a good source of heart-healthy fiber and a 1-cup serving has almost as much vitamin C as an orange.
- Sardines are one of the best sources of heart-healthy, mood-boosting omega-3 fats, and they’re packed with vitamin D. And because sardines are small and low on the food chain, they don’t harbor lots of toxins as bigger fish can.
- Quinoa is a delicately flavored whole grain packed with fiber and protein and, to top it off, it only takes 15 to 20 minutes to cook. That combination of fiber and protein has an extra value too: research shows that the two together can help you feel full for longer.
- This little fruit softens dry skin, boosts your brain, and may even prevent cancer
- Oats have been shown in numerous studies to help lower cholesterol
- Oats keep you feeling fuller for longer helping you avoid snacking on junk food