https://anybodygym.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/bus-c-1030x436.jpg 436 1030 Leigh Carter https://anybodygym.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/anybody-gym-logo-min.png Leigh Carter2015-07-01 12:07:402019-09-19 15:08:14Quick chicken salad
Quick chicken salad
Hot weather means you don’t want to spend time in the kitchen you need to be out relaxing. Here’s a quick tasty salad, ideal for a quick meal or part of your picnic by the lake.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 sweet corn cobs
- 4 tbsp grated coconut
- 250g pouch microwaveable rice
- 1 mango, peeled, stoned and chopped
- 400g tin kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 green onions, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 2 tsp jerk spice mix or paste
- 4 tsp olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- large bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the chicken in a single layer in a small baking dish and mix through the barbecue sauce and jerk seasoning.
- Cook in the oven for 20min or until cooked through then take out and leave to,cool.
- While chicken cooking heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook sweetcorn cobs, turning until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Return pan to the heat and fry coconut until golden brown (watch carefully as this happens quickly). Add remaining oil, rice and the juice of 1 lime. Fry for 1 minute then tip on to a large serving plate cool.
- When corn cobs are cool enough to handle, shave off the kernels using a large knife and add to the rice together with the mango, kidney beans and spring onions.
- Reserving any juices left in the dish, cut into bite-size pieces. Whisk juice of remaining lime into the empty chicken dish to make a quick dressing. Add chicken to the salad and drizzle over the dressing just before serving.