Roasted Carrot Salad
Putting all that effort in at the gym does not mean that you have to only eat broccoli and chicken, making vegetables into something that tastes good is not impossible. So once that day is done and your squats, push-ups, dips, burpees are all finished why not put as much effort into your food.
This healthy salad contains carrots which are rich in vitamins C and E, calcium, beta-carotene (which converts to vitamin A), magnesium and potassium.
- 1kg carrots, peeled, cut into thick batons
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp honey
- 400g can chick peas, drained
- 75g spinach leaves
- 1 pomegranate seeded
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Small garlic clove, crushed
- Heat oven 190C
- Put chopped carrots in tin with olive oil, cumin and cayenne pepper and season.
- Roast for about 20 mins, turning a few times.
- Drizzle over the honey and toss to coat.
- Stir in chickpeas and return to oven for another 10 minutes until carrots are tender and turning golden.
- Leave to cool.
- Make dressing, should be a pouring consistency, season to taste. Toss cooled carrots and chickpeas with the spinach leaves and pomegranate seeds.
- Spoon into dish and drizzle over the dressing and scatter with pumpkin seeds.