https://anybodygym.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/overweight.jpg 810 1631 Leigh Carter https://anybodygym.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/anybody-gym-logo-min.png Leigh Carter2015-08-20 19:21:402019-09-19 14:40:53Squash and rice salad
Squash and rice salad
Being that I am super busy at the moment setting up my new gym, my mum just sent me this recipe for my site so i hope you enjoy it.
- Butternut squash about 1kg (peeled, de seeded and chopped into small pieces)
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 2 desert apples, unpeeled, cored and quartered
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Rosemary, about 10g leaves roughly chopped
- Sage, about 10g leaves roughly chopped
- 4 bay leaves
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 150g brown basmati rice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp English mustard
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200C. Toss squash, onion and apples with honey, herbs and 2 tbsp olive oil, season.
- Spread in even layer on large roasting tin and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook rice according to instructions on pack. Drain and keep warm.
- Toss spinach through roasted veg to wilt slightly, then add the rice.
- Whisk vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, garlic and 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Toss dressing through salad before serving