Turkey Egg Muffins
Preparing food in advance will help you avoid those moments where you usually turn to processed snacks, If your driving or on your work break these little protein filled treats will carry you to your next meal. Personal training with Leigh Carter means that you will have full nutritional support, advice on how to eat better without spending forever in the kitchen. Make sure you spend your week doing a combination of strength training, cardio work, eating good balanced nutritious food and you will be wee on your way to building a better body for your future.
- 9 slices of deli turkey breast
- 1/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese, plus 2 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons of diced green onion
- 2 whole eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 cup buffalo wing or barbecue sauce (or whatever you like)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and oil a muffin tin with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- Cut 3 of the Turkey slices in half, and then line 6 of the muffin trays with 1 1/2 slices of the turkey meat, trying to cover any holes in the meat.
- Place 1 tablespoon of grated cheese and 1/2 tablespoon of diced green onion in the center of each muffin cavity.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites and buffalo or barbecue sauce. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Divide the egg mixture between the muffin cavities, filling almost to the top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the eggs have puffed up and feel set.