Hummus, the creamy and flavorful Middle Eastern dip, has become a beloved staple in many households. While the traditional recipe of chickpeas, tahini, garlic, and lemon juice is undoubtedly delicious, why not take your hummus game to the next level? In this blog, we’ll explore six unique and mouthwatering variations of hummus that will delight your taste buds and leave you craving more. Get ready to dip, spread, and savor these tantalizing twists on a beloved classic!
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus: Add a burst of color and smoky flavor to your hummus by incorporating roasted red peppers. Simply blend roasted red peppers (store-bought or homemade), chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, and a dash of cumin for a vibrant and zesty hummus that will be the star of any gathering. Serve it with pita bread, fresh vegetables, or as a flavorful sandwich spread.
- Spicy Jalapeño Hummus: If you enjoy a bit of heat, this spicy jalapeño hummus will be your new go-to. Blend together chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, and a few sliced jalapeños (seeds removed for milder heat). Adjust the amount of jalapeños to your desired level of spiciness. Serve with tortilla chips, carrot sticks, or use it as a zesty spread for wraps and sandwiches.
- Beetroot Hummus: Not only does beetroot hummus make a stunningly vibrant dip, but it also provides an earthy and slightly sweet flavor. Steam or roast beetroots until tender, then blend them with chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, and a touch of cumin. The result is a visually striking hummus that pairs beautifully with crackers, sliced veggies, or as a colorful addition to your mezze platter.
- Cilantro Lime Hummus: For a refreshing and herbaceous twist, try making cilantro lime hummus. Blend together chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lime juice, and a generous amount of fresh cilantro. The bright citrusy flavors and the vibrant green color make this hummus a perfect companion for tortilla chips, grilled vegetables, or as a zesty spread for tacos and quesadillas.
- Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Hummus: Elevate your hummus with the rich, tangy flavor of sun-dried tomatoes and aromatic basil. Blend sun-dried tomatoes (drained if packed in oil), chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, and a handful of fresh basil leaves. The combination of savory, slightly sweet tomatoes and fragrant basil creates a dip that pairs wonderfully with toasted bread, vegetable crudités, or as a delightful pizza sauce alternative.
- Smoky Chipotle Hummus: Get ready to add a smoky kick to your hummus with chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. Blend together chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, and a couple of chipotle peppers (adjust according to your desired spiciness). The smoky and slightly sweet flavor profile of chipotle peppers gives this hummus a distinctive and irresistible taste. Enjoy it with tortilla chips, grilled meats, or as a flavorful topping for baked potatoes.
Hummus is a versatile and delicious dip that can be customized to suit various tastes and preferences. My absolute favourite thing is to use it for is to dip pizza crusts ! These six unique and mouthwatering variations will add excitement to your hummus repertoire. Whether you prefer the smoky chipotle kick or the vibrant beetroot hue, each of these hummus recipes is guaranteed to delight your senses and become a crowd-pleaser at parties or a delightful addition to your everyday snacking. So, grab your ingredients, fire up the blender, and embark on a flavourful hummus adventure!
Private Personal Training Studio Peterborough